Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Rainbow Fallen: Anne Marie

Blowing kisses to the camera

News of Anne Marie's passing came on October 13, 2010.  Just a few weeks shy of her 5th birthday, she died without ever knowing the love of a family.  A few families had met her while visiting the orphanage. They loved spending time with her, and were all advocating for her adoption. The news of her death has hit the Reece's Rainbow community hard.

This shouldn't have happened.  Children shouldn't be without families, and certainly shouldn't die without ever having been held in the arms of a mother or father.

Yet, this is reality.

It is very easy to say, "That's sad; I don't like to think about it" and "Someone should do something about that."
Yes. Someone should do something.  YOU are someone.
If not you, then who?  Why not help?  Really, truly, search deep inside of yourself, and ask, "Why wouldn't I help?"

Not everyone is the right fit for adoption. But everyone can help in some way.

I was recently asked, "Why should we help kids in eastern Europe?  There are kids in Africa who need help, too."
"Well," I responded, "Are you doing something to help kids in Africa?"
To which I was told, "Well, there are kids right here in America that need help, too. We should help them first."
"Okay," I responded, "Are you doing something to help kids in America?"
I don't need to share the answer. You already know.
The truth is, the people who are doing something to help generally don't make these kinds of statements. In fact, the people who do NOTHING are usually the only ones who say things like this.

So who are you? When asked, "What have you done?" are you the one who comes up with the excuses not to do anything?

Precious Anne Marie is the result of doing nothing. Do you really need to see more faces of children who are the result of doing nothing?

Please, look at sweet Danil below. Stare into his eyes. Know that he and Anne Marie share the same fate if we do nothing. 

There is nothing we can do for Anne Marie, but there are plenty of children that still need our help.
Please consider giving to Danil today, in honor of little Anne Marie, that he will get the chance at life that she never had.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.reecesrainbow.org/myfamilyfoundme.html

    I found Danil in the "my family found me" section. I am hoping his adoption will be finalized fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.reecesrainbow.org/myfamilyfoundme.html
    I saw Danil in the "my family found me" section. I am so happy for him! I do wonder who his new family is. I am glad you decided to raise some money or him. It was good of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,
    Yes, Danil now has a committed family! She and I have been in communication (the story is quite amazing, hopefully both will be sharing soon.) The money is needed asap for him, because of the timeframe of country closing paperwork (Nov-Feb), his bday at the beginning of November, etc. Basically, the money is going to need to be there so this family can travel as soon as they get the okay to come and get him. I can't wait to share the story of God's timing on this one!

    I haven't been able to make it a public announcement, because the family hasn't gotten the final okay to share yet. As soon as they get the go ahead to make it public, I will be doing the same!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete